Thursday, March 8, 2007

Farewell,dear friend

Subject: Inna annaatha,varttaa ??

Dear Arun,



"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood,
and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference "
-
Robert Frost

After 6 years, I've reached this famous fork in the road . I found myself facing two paths , and having to make the decision to take one of the two.One road forks towards India,towards my present company, writing meaningless code,introducing loads of bugs,and being paid to fix my own bugs.And towards loyal friends like you with whom I could spend the next 1 and half years drinking oodles of caffeine and wondering where my life went.

The other road forks towards Europe, towards a laid-back life with my dear darling husband,where I can simply stay put at home ,eat off his money and laze around and watch tv all day long .

Which one do I choose ? Knowing me,it wasn’t a very difficult decision .
I decided to be the couch potato that I was always born to be :-D

So,the next time u mail me calling me “ey panni,enga tholanju pona ?” ,please address it to couch.potato@gmail.com
If I’m not drunk,or not watching tv ,or not just lazing around enjoying the sights, I just might mail you back .

Oh,and I truly forgot,I’ll really miss u out there..There is nothing that provides me as much amusement as reading your 2 –line scribbled (filled with sweet tamizh and english words like panni,a**h**e) mails.please do keep them coming .

Yours truly,
Couch Potato
 
posted by Couch Potato at 3/08/2007 05:37:00 PM, |

0 Comments: