Thursday, March 1, 2007

Wherever you go

“Does it have to be this way?!!”, she cried.
“I can’t see any other way out !”, he screamed,frustrated. ”I’ve been trying to make u understand for so long..
You never seem to..”
“No,Ajay,please..listen,I’m sorry about what I said ,ok ? I didn’t really mean it.I just kinda got carried away..u know,when I hit the panic button,I get all emotionally charged up and then,I really dont know what I’m saying..”
“You women always have some or the other syndrome to fall back on ,don’t you? Sometimes its PMS,sometimes its headache,and now its Panic Button ??? I’m through with you.I don’t think THIS is going to work..i don’t think WE are going to work..so let’s just leave it at that, ok “

She stared at him as he walked off ,walked away from her.
She had been dreading that this day would come.She knew she had crossed her limits ,and his tolerance level ,this time.But,then,damn her stupid tongue !!! This tongue ,that unleashes itself at every possible chance to get back at him !! Damn,damn !! And ,also ,damn her stupid ego,which is now not letting her say the one word that could,perhaps,get him back .But ,she was going to try.

She walked back to her cubicle,opened the only application that she had been using since morning, clicked on “Compose New Mail” and typed in furiously “ Ajay,I hate to say it,but I’m sorry….”.
Five minutes later,satisfied ,she clicked on “Send” .And then,waited with bated breath.
Two minutes passed.. no reply..
Another ten minutes passed,and then she could not hold herself any longer.

She half-stood up in her seat and said “Got it?”
Ajay ,sitting in the neighbouring cubicle ,looked up at her “ Yea,I did..”
“ So..??” ,she dragged.
“ So? So what ?” ,he too dragged.
“ Ajay ,I just said what I said in the mail..”
“ What did u say in the mail?”
“ You know what I said !!”
“ God,Anju,can’t u even SAY sorry to me ?!!! Whats with you ??“
“Well,I can ,but its just this ,when my nerves are all frayed,I just hate getting all emotional with people,u know..”
“PMS,headache,Panic button ,and now ,frayed nerves ???!! Jesus,you women…”
“C’mon ,Ajay ,that’s not true ,u know..” ..
,she protested ,and followed Ajay to the pantry ,as he walked away to get himself a cup of coffee to soothe his own frayed nerves..

This vicious cycle,called Love ,that makes one go round and round.
This fickle thing, called Technology that bridges distances ,
And yet ,distances the bridges that are closest to us.
And,this jobless,beautiful thing,called Love @ Technology which keeps us going.
 
posted by Couch Potato at 3/01/2007 03:25:00 PM, |

0 Comments: